The Doctors Book of Home Remedies for Seniors
A A-to-Z Guide to Staying Physically Active, Mentally Sharp, and Disease-freeBook - 1999
When you get to be a certain age, that timeworn phrase "You're as young as you feel" starts to sound a little bit like a bad joke because you're not feeling all that young anymore. But it doesn't have to be that way.
Aches and pains don't have to be an everyday occurrence. Your memory and quick wit can stay just as sharp as they've always been. And with just a little extra attention, your health can be as excellent as it was in your youth.
Yes, it's true your health concerns change with age, and the ways you deal with those health problems have to change, too. That's why the editors of the bestseller The Doctors Book of Home Remedies have brought you The Doctors Book of Home Remedies for Seniors . From around the world, we've brought together the top experts on health for people over 60. Together, they've offered more than 1,500 tips designed to ease the illnesses and complaints that specifically affect men and women as they age. Here are just a few examples.
* Drug-free ways to cut high blood pressure and cholesterol down to size
* Simple solutions for building break-proof bones
* Herbs that can save your eyesight
* A vitamin cure for everything from nosebleeds to crow's-feet
* Exercises to ease hip pain
* A soup recipe that shields you from disease
* The key to a good night's sleep-- without sleeping pills
* A candle-wax cure for arthritic hands
Packed with the safe, practical information that has made Prevention Health Books the most trusted name in self-help health care, this book will help you handle health problems so you won't be robbed of the freedom and vitality you've worked so hard to enjoy.
Whatever the condition, you'll find remedies that are simple and inexpensive, using nothing more than items you probably already have around the house.