Making Miracles Happen

Making Miracles Happen

Book - 1997
Average Rating:
Rate this:
When Gregory White Smith was thirty-four, his doctors handed him a death sentence. A benign brain tumor had suddenly turned malignant -- and according to the percentages, he'd be lucky to survive for another three months. But listening to the weather forecast one day, Smith had a revelation. Doctors, like weathermen, based their predictions on probabilities. And a 95 percent chance of rain still meant there was a 5 percent chance of sunshine.

Armed with this insight, Smith and his partner, Steven Naifeh, set out to beat the odds. They researched treatment options, consulted top specialists, and explored alternative therapies. In the end, their faith and determination paid off. Smith survived.

Making Miracles Happen details Smith's road to recovery. Along the way, we meet other patients who've bucked the odds and pulled through. And we get sound, practical advice on how any patient can set the stage for a miracle -- from tracking down the best medical care to maintaining the right mental attitude. For anyone who's ever faced a serious illness -- or known someone who has -- this inspiring, empowering book is required reading.

Publisher: Boston, Mass : Little, Brown and Company, 1997.
Edition: 1st ed.
ISBN: 9780316597883
0316597880
Branch Call Number: 362.1/SMIT
Characteristics: 320p. 24cm.
Additional Contributors: Naifeh, Steven 1952-

Opinion

From the critics


Community Activity

Comment

Add a Comment

There are no comments for this title yet.

Age

Add Age Suitability

There are no ages for this title yet.

Summary

Add a Summary

There are no summaries for this title yet.

Notices

Add Notices

There are no notices for this title yet.

Quotes

Add a Quote

There are no quotes for this title yet.

Explore Further

Browse by Call Number

Subject Headings

  Loading...

Find it at BDL

  Loading...
[]
[]
To Top